31090051

My husband has been having an affair for the last six

Hi my husband has been having an affair for the last six months . He has admitted it only as he was caught .
Been together 17 years and married 8 years I need to to know what I am entitled to . Mortgage is in joint names , he owns a flat worth £90000 which was bought since the marriage started . His police pension as he has been in the job for the last 14 years . Savings in his name of £30000 .
Do I have a claim on any of the above under Scottish law if I decide to leave . ?
Anne .

Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. Yes, everything acquired since the marriage, including the value of the pension accrued since the marriage is termed matrimonial property and typically you would be entitled to a half share of all of it. You may also be entitled to maintenance from him depending on your respective incomes. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.