31090051

I have recieved a small claims from someone and not sure how

Hi I have recieved a small claims from someone and not sure how to respond to it
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: Yes the person is claimin I rented a workshop from them when all i was doing was parking my cars there He says i owe him over 4000 pounds in rent and insurance!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was never any tenancy agreement agreed or implied - I paid him some money over the period of 2 years but there was never any particular agreement and I never agreed to pay any insurance. He was also still occupying the workshop also and was storing items there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I live in Scotland if this makes a difference
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has sent me a claim for 4571 including outstanding rent, insurance 886 and rates of 430
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello nobody has responded to my question as yet what should I do here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I am a solicitor in Scotland. Your question has been transferred to me. Can you tell me if this is a small claim or a simple procedure case? You can request a phone call on the system and I will call you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Simple procedure case I need to respond by the 15th may
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If you haven't already done so read the simple procedure rules and guidance on the Scottish Courts website at www.scotcourts.gov.uk. Once you have done this, write down your defence. Detail the fact that there is no contract, no tenancy and no lease and explain what the background is. You can send the defence to the court and to the other side. Remember to attend the hearing on the date specified in the document. If you have any questions on the procedure or the rules come back to me but simple procedure has been designed for non lawyers to use in the court and is fairly straightforward.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks there is no date on the documentation only that I need to submit it by the 15th May. I will do this and come back with any questions

You're welcome. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.