31090051

I stayed in a holiday inn. I went to hotel swimming pool. I

I stayed in a holiday inn. I went to hotel swimming pool. I was shown around by swimming pool staff including lockers. I put my stuff including my wallet , mobile phone in the locker which was stolen. I informed the hotel and police. hotel has not cooperated with police and did not provide cctv image. Can i bring a claim against hotel for stolen items?

Was the locker broken into? Were there any signs saying your belongings were left at your own risk?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There were no sign that belonging left to own risk.There were no signsthat the locker were broken in to . Hotel said there were cctv camera up to the reception where the swimming pool is but did not provide recording to investigation officer. I made an initial complaint to General Manager whose experience was disappointing and said I was told that lockers were faulty which is not true as the Manager took me to the locker room and explained herself how lockers work. I am very disappointed as my phone with all the contacts and a watch gofted by my dad has been removed and want to sue this hotel.

It sounds like an employee opened the locker. You can sue the hotel and there may be sufficient circumstantial evidence for the court to award in your favour.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I claim for the indirect problems, it has been causing, like contacts phone no list and photograph and videos that got stolen with phone. The emotional value of the watch can not be calculated though. I also had to cut short the stay as left with no money. Can I put a claim for the hotel's room charges as well?

Yes, you can claim for inconvenience, loss of enjoyment, and distress

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would be reasonable sum 1. For loss of contact due to stolen mobile phone and important pictures and video?
2.Distress as have to cut short holiday due to stolen wallet and debit cards and left with no money?
3.A watch given my dad a personal loss on the top of the cost of it?
4. My 6 years old daughter felt responsible and was very upset for theft as she pestered me to take her to swimming.

£1500

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I received a reply from hotel saying-
'' We refer to the above matter and to our correspondence dated 26th May.
Having completed our investigations into this matter we are now in a position to make you an offer in compensation following the incident at the insured's premises on the 12th April 2017.
Under the Hotel Proprietors Act 1956 payment for property loss is limited to £50.00 for a single item and £100.00 on aggregate. As per the requirement of the Act, the insured have provided us with evidence that they had displayed a prominent sign confirming the extent of their duty which entitles them to benefit from the payment limits. We can confirm that we have no offers to make in respect of the £1,500.00 you have requested as these do not constitute valid heads of claim in the circumstances.
In light of the above we are prepared to offer you the sum of £100.00 in full and final settlement of your claim.
We have attached a Form of Discharge which we will require you to complete and return to us. Please also provide us with your bank details so that we may issue you a BACS payment for the £100.00''
This is ridiculous ! What is my position?

The Hotel Proprietors Act 1956 only applies where the theft wasn't the fault of the hotel. In this case my understanding is that the hotel was at fault.