31090051

If I was to just obtain the dog and keep him what could the

If I was to just obtain the dog and keep him what could the police do about it? I get him everyday to take for walks. His dog tag has my home address on it not sure if that would make any difference.
After the police visit here on Saturday evening how long does that stay on file and does that mean I have a record or what happens to that information since they said it was pretty much a civil matter?

Yes it is a civil matter and in theory there is no reason why you should not keep the dog. The police can be quite fickle though and it's not beyond them to suddenly decide that the dog has been stolen from home and to do something about it, rightly or wrongly. Unless the police charged you or issued a caution there is no record against your name.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK that's looks good. If I had obtained him to take him for a walk then it would be difficult for them to say I had stolen him especially if the address on his dog tag was my address. Thanks