31090051

I have rejected a car that I purchased on finance. It has

I have rejected a car that I purchased on finance. It has serious engine faults but the finance company are not accepting it. I started a simple procedure application at the court. It was a brand new car bought from a dealership. The finance company's solicitor is wanting to bring in the dealership as another respondent as they claim if I am successful they are jointly and severally liable. I don't agree with this. My contract is with the finance company and it is their vehicle. Any argument between the finance company and the dealership I don't see as part of this action.Would I be right to refuse this?

The finance company and the dealer are jointly and severally liable. They are right to bring in the dealership and there is no prejudice to you in them doing this.