ivorylounge
ivorylounge, Advocate
Experience:  Over 25 years experience
27487359

Can I stop my ex from Christening my child? He is 11 months

Customer Question

Can I stop my ex from Christening my child? He is 11 months old and I have recently split up from partner.I live in scotland
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 1 year ago.

You would need to apply to the court for a specific issue order setting out the basis of why you pop the christening. Where there are contentious issues arising in respect of parental rights and responsibilities, these may be considered and regulated by the court by means of a specific issue order. The court may make such an order where the child is below 18. The court will have regard to the welfare of the child as its paramount consideration and will operate on the “no order principle”. That is, it is bound not to make any order unless it is satisfied that it is better to make an order than that none should be made. Such orders will deprive a person of his parental responsibilities and rights only in so far as it is necessary to give effect to the order. Their powers are covered specifically in Part 2 of the Children (Scotland) Act 1995. I would suggest that you contact a local solicitor who will help you with the application. Please rate positive.

I hope that this answered your question. Justanswer works on people giving ratings. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you