How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 8
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

Father has always psychologically abused son(23) now parents

Customer Question

Father has always psychologically abused son(23) now parents divorced. Son loyally came out of Uni ( missed exams) in support of mother over their joint business, as father lying & stealing throughout court case & legal meetings,Very Narscitic Behaviour, with gift of making everyone believe him, also has very clever manipulating lawyers. Not heeding divorce agreement, mother & son @ end of their tethers. Father sent SMS with staff of business copied in, son university drop out, disgrace do not pay any attention to him, even though son was one who employed & trained the receptionists. Father belittles son every move, insults abusive to mother, she set up & managed business for 20 years, now not permitted to enter the premises, even with legal ok father takes law into his own hands.
Question is ,is there anything son can do to stand up for himself & prove his authenticity, sa he is so depressed & feels worthless, this abuse has gone on since early childhood pulling him down, when all the boy wanted to do, was make his father proud of him. He & his sister ( Severe Anorexhia. Had to repeat 1 year Unu ))have had psychiatric help. Now no money . for treatment. Whole family effected by bulling, greed , lies & not coming to any conclusion.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. What kind of thing do you have in mind? What does the son want to achieve? Does he see the father?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Protection for son. Only sees father in court etc. I do not wish to pay anymore money am on pension & only answers I get from just answer is re payments to them. I wish update on what has been drawn out of my card. This is stressing me my heart is in AF & being monitored by Cardiologist. If lawyer is in Scotland better speaking to my daughter there
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Online phone ok if internet allows facetime
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is the grandson, Alex now. Can you please confirm if my grandmother has been charged for anything as she has not received any advice as yet? If she has been charged can you please reiterate any advice she may have had to her original question. My grandmother is in edinburgh with me now and I would like to try and resolve this matter as it is causing her distress.
Thank you
Expert:  JGM replied 9 months ago.

I had made the point that this appears to be a matrimonial situation between husband and wife but the question relates primarily to you, Alex. Whilst the whole family is affected by this type of thing, and I understand that, can I have the specific questions you want me to address so that I can do so. As regards ***** ***** is not something that I can answer as experts do not have access to that side of the site. You should contact customer services for information on charges.