31090051

I am interested in buying a small piece of land in Scotland.

I am interested in buying a small piece of land in Scotland. i have done a title deeds search as the seller said he couldn't show me them. The land has 2 burdens on it, I would like these burdens explained to me so they are easier to understand.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have a copy of the deeds I can easily provide

I ama solicitor in Scotland. Please show me the 2 burdens and I will explain them to you.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi, I've attached 3 images covering no the title deeds. I believe the land is surrounded on three sides by farm land and a small wooded area. With the front of the land facing the road.
Mark.

Part of page 2 is missing at my side. Can you resend it on its own please.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Here's part of page 2
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Page 3

Still not getting all of page 2. Here's what I'm getting.

Try uploading all together as a PDF.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Sorry about that, here's the PDF.

Thanks, that's perfect. Here is a summary of the burdens: 1. The centre of any stream, ditch, wall, fence, hedge etc comprises the boundary. 2. Where the boundary adjoins property owned by a third party the boundary is the edge of the ground being disponed. 3. The private roads on the estate can be used and are to be maintained by the users if there is no provision elsewhere for their maintenance. 4. You have the right to cut peat in the Freswick mosses. 5. You can use the existing water supplies and sewage systems with access for maintenance and repair. Similarly there is reserved to the Diponer and his successor rights of drainage and rights of access to the soakaway and drainage on this land. Those appear to be the main issues. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you, ***** *****'t take up too much of your time, the online seller seemed hesitant to show me the deeds, hence my own search. Do you think any of these burdens represent a reason not to buy? They seem pretty standard to me.

They are entirely standard for rural property and mainly create mutual rights and obligations for use and access for maintenance of drains and sewage.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi, I wonder if you could help me with further enquiries about the land? I believe I need a land appraisal.
I'm not sure what other checks need done.
Are you able to help with the conveyance and appraisal?
If you can let me know how much it would cost that would be great.
Mark.

I'm not sure what you mean by a land appraisal. Typically searches are carried out in the Registrs of Scotland including the Register of Inhibitions and Adjudications. A property Enquiry Report is also carried out and in some districts, coal authority report. Your solicitor will get all of these from the seller's solicitor as part of the transaction. You should engage a solicitor of your choice. JustAnswer experts aren't permitted to take on cases privately.