How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 13323
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I was made bankrupt about 8 years ago and don't know how to

This answer was rated:

I was made bankrupt about 8 years ago and don't know how to get discharge letter , it was at Cupar court in Fife which has since been closed how can I get a copy of letter as I need it for a mortgage
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My name is.Ewan Muir 22/06/1969 and my company was kingdom Exstensions

Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. To get a discharge letter you can ask the trustee in bankruptcy. Or you can contact the sheriff clerk at Dundee Sheriff Court who took over the business of Cupar Sheriff Court after it closed. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you