How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
ivorylounge, Advocate
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 33673
Experience:  Over 25 years experience
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

We are married and I moved out of family home. My son stays

This answer was rated:

HelloWe are married and I moved out of family home. My son stays with my wife and I am trying to work out custody arrangements. Does it hurt my prospects if it goes to court, the fact that I have moved out? I see him every day, do spanish, guitar and reading lessons with him, and look after him full time daily current at her home during school holidays. I am medical professional and would hope to share him equally with him wife.Would be grateful for advice
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
He is 7 years old and we live in Scotland

Let me see if I can help. The fact that you have moved out hurts your prospects a little if you are saying that you want the child to live with you instead of the mother. This is because the mother can say that she is living with the child and building up the 'status quo' argument. "Don't change what is taking place". It would not affect a shared arrangement but you would want to get on with things as quickly as possible and also I would suggest keep a record/diary of the time you spend with him. Get him to regularly visit you in your new place, etc. Please rate positive.

I hope that this answered your question. Justanswer works on people giving ratings. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

ivorylounge and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you