How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12301
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Divorce. I am divorcing my wife and we have submitted

Customer Question

I am divorcing my wife and we have submitted vouching re our respective finances via our solicitors. However, it is clear that my wife has not been honest with her solicitor as she has omitted mention of several bank accounts she held at separation.
Is it possible to gain access to information about her bank accounts via the courts?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. You can seek an order for disclosure under section 20 of the Family Law (Scotland) Act 1985. You can read the section online but essentially it says that in any action where there is an application for financial provision the court can order either party to provide details of their resources. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.