How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12374
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My wife is saying she doesn't want to register our twin boys

Customer Question

My wife is saying she doesn't want to register our twin boys with my surname
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.

Why not?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We are not getting on very well since the birth and there has been talk of separation I don't know if this is an emotional or legal response to that
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have just paid £42 for what I thought would be a concise written answer ???
Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.

You have equal parental rights. As you are married you are enetitled to Register the birth along with your wife. The legally correct name is ***** ***** followed by father's surname. As you are married, the registrar won't register the birth without your signature.