How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
ivorylounge, Advocate
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 33782
Experience:  Over 25 years experience
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

I have recently separated from my husband and have taken

Customer Question

I have recently separated from my husband and have taken advice from a private family law solicitor, however my husband informs me that he is going to make things as difficult and expensive for me as possible, he is not paying any child maintenance to me but has agreed to pay half the mortgage until we sell the house(he is in rented accommodation) and myself and my 4yr old girl are in the family home.
I work part time and have no capital other than the house I live in so I have requested an assessment for legal aid, if accepted can I swap from a private to a legal aid solicitor ?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If my husband and I have made a verbal and written agreement re division of marital assets but that has not yet been signed off by a lawyer is it still legally binding.
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 10 months ago.

Very many solicitors do both private and legal aid, so best to check that you choose one who does both. Such an agreement can be legally binding even when you have not taken legal advice. Happy to discuss but please rate positive.

Expert:  ivorylounge replied 10 months ago.

I hope that this answered your question. Justanswer works on people giving ratings. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you