How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12067
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My partners ex wife has been given my new home address by my

Customer Question

my partners ex wife has been given my new home address by my ex and is driving past everyday and evening has sent abusive messages what can I do to stop it all
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
we were all friends to start with then 10 months ago
I found my ex was cheating me so I ended it with him
my partners ex wife to be was talking to another man and wanted to end her husband who is now my partner
we stayed as friends and just started dating now but I have been stalked by both my ex and my partners ex both have sent theritning messages and my partner has had the same I moved from my old house to my new house and now my ex has told the ex wife my new address and she has been driving up and down my road everyday and every night to see if her ex husband is here they both know we're together and this is 5 children in the middle who are all friends and his ex is trying to take them out the country and now both our exes have come together making up the worset and unthinkable lies about us and I just don't know what to do
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JGM replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. What you have to do here is instruct your solicitor to send this woman a cease and desist letter demanding that she stops stalking and sending abusive messages. Make sure you keep the messages as evidence because if she ignores the letter you can then take this to court for an interdict, which is a court order saying she has to stay away and a protection from harassment order which is as it is described. The thing about these orders is that if they are breached the court can hold her in contempt and has the power to fine, and in extreme cases imprison, the person concerned. Rarely does it get to that stage and the cease and desist letter is often enough to stop this behaviour. Happy to discuss. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time. I see that you requested a phone call. The system will let you do that if you need any point clarified although it is at an additional cost. I am happy to continue in writing or by phone as you think necessary.