How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12176
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I’m party litigant. I’ve had one child welfare hearing but

This answer was rated:

I’m party litigant. I’ve had one child welfare hearing but need to request another before the next scheduled one due to withheld contact. How do I arrange this?

Thanks for your question. You need to proceed by way of Motion G6. Go to and look up the ordinary court rules and forms.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I’ve prepared the form. What do I do now? Do I send it to the other Solicitor? or the Court? what is the fee?

See Ordinary Court Rules chapter 15. You can fax your G6 with a completed form G7 intimation document to the solicitor on the other side. You then send the G6, the fax confirmation sheet and a completed G8 certificate of intimation to the court with the fee of £48 payable to Scottish Courts and Tribunal Service. The G7 proceeds on a period of notice of 7 days. Assuming the motion is opposed you will receive intimation of that from the other side and the court will issue an interlocutor to both parties with a dat for a hearing of the motion.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Would an email instead of fax be acceptable given the other parties Solicitor corresponds with me via email?

The is an additional chapter 15A which relates to email intimations. It only applies to certain personal injury actions and actions where the parties have registered an email address with the sheriff clerk. If this has not been done you should use the fax. Again you can read and acquaint yourself with the Ordinary Cause rules of procedure.

JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you