How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
ivorylounge, Advocate
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 33372
Experience:  Over 25 years experience
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

Can I get my late sons parental rights to my grandchildren

Customer Question

Can I get my late sons parental rights to my grandchildren
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 5 months ago.

Firstly to answer your questions you can not I am afraid transfer his parental responsibility. You can however asked to be assessed by the LA to look after the children and if the children are with social workers then you can ask whether there has been court proceedings for this and seek to be made a party to those proceedings if the LA are simply ignoring you. If there are no court proceedings then I would get a solicitor to write to both the mother and social services and advise that you wish to spend time with the children. happy to discuss and please rate positive.

Expert:  ivorylounge replied 5 months ago.

I hope that this answered your question. Justanswer works on people giving ratings. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Expert:  ivorylounge replied 5 months ago.

Hi, can you please rate for me for my time. Thanks