How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12379
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

M party litigant. I’ve had one child welfare previously. I

This answer was rated:

m party litigant. I’ve had one child welfare previously. I lodged a motion for another Child welfare hearing using Motion G6 due to withheld time. A date for a hearing in respect of this motion has been assigned. The Defender has now rescheduled the withheld time.
how do I go about having the hearing cancelled stating the matter has been settled?

You can either lodge another motion or you can simply appear at the child welfare hearing and explain the situation to the sheriff.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is there a charge of £48 for another motion?


Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I’m close to the date of appearance (it’s next Wednesday - I’m not going to be able to issue the court documents until Monday). This would seem too late. Is it better appearing? Would the Defence have to appear (meaning fees for the defence).

You don’t have time to lodge a motion. Agree with the other side that you will appear at the CWH for both parties.

JGM and 2 other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you