How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12085
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I live in Scotland and I was married in 2010 and and

Customer Question

I live in Scotland and I was married in 2010 and and saperated since 2014, I have 2 kids in the marriage and they are age 7 and 5. I will like to know the form I can use to make my divorce application and also child contact, also can I make the application myself or do I need to apply thru a solicitor
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 months ago.

Because you have young children and want a contact order you can’t use the simplified procedure forms. You have to use what is called ordinary procedure. The rules are here: and the forms are here: You will agree that these are daunting. Lawyers spend years learning and training to do these types of actions. If you don’t know what you are doing don’t do it and instruct a solicitor. If you need a contact order I presume there is some disagreement between the two of you and this would be better dealt with between solicitors. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
please can u state for me the name of the form because there are many form on the link that you sent me
Expert:  JGM replied 4 months ago.

Form G1.