How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12375
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My wife and i have been tormented by our next door

This answer was rated:

My wife and i have been tormented by our next door neighbour,for the past 5 years.My wife is now in care,and i am being tormented
now.He or his son Thump,Bang,knock the doors at all hours of the night,causing myself great upset and distress.
I've been to his landlord,the police,the council,and safer communities
group,without any form of help.
I have two front doors,my " Tradesmans Entrance " is very close to
his,so he can easily reach my door door,and thump it.
In Scots Lawcan i stop him doing this ?

Have you seen a solicitor about this. You should do so with a view to getting two orders from the court. One is an interdict to stop the behaviour. The other is a protection from harassment order. If either order is breached the court can punish this as a contempt of court. Your solicitor should also put pressure of the council to proceed with an ASBO. Happy to discuss further but that is what you should be doing. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Many thanks,for your advice.