31090051

I have recently let go of my solicitor and I am now

I have recently let go of my solicitor and I am now representing myself, I am attempting to communicate with the other sides solicitor but it feels like I am being somewhat ignored. What is the correct procedure for a solicitor to deal with a layman during discussions ( the discussion is regarding child access )

Is there a court action for contact ongoing?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no there is not

In that case the solicitor is subject to client instructions and is under no obligation to communicate with you unless his client gives him instructions to do so. Your only option in that event would be to communicate directly with the other party and if that isn’t an option you would instruct another solicitor and/or raise a contact action in the court. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
just for clarification the opposing solicitor is under no obligation to communicate with myself but would they be under an obligation to deal with another solicitor i instructed ?

No they wouldn’t without the other party’s instructions to do so although in practice the solicitor might be more inclined to get instructions and deal with another solicitor. Dealing with a party is generally not easy or desirable.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your clear answer as always