How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12375
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have been convicted of dangerous driving at Dumfries

This answer was rated:

Hi I have been convicted of dangerous driving at Dumfries sheriffs court on 10th November and need to appeal the conviction on the grounds that it as come apparent after the court case that the case against me was based mainly on false evidence due to mistaken identity , in court I could not understand why anyone would make up so many lies against me but now know that they were describing an event that happened but I was not involved , it involved a vehicle very similar to mine and I have consequently been convicted on the back of another drivers bad driving, I have contacted several lawyers non of witch have been willing to help in this matter can you advise where I can try
Thanks Phil

Thanks for your question. An appeal must be lodged within 7 days so you will have to get the appeal into the court today. An appeal against conviction is called an appeal by Stated Case and you have to fill in the form for an application for a stated case and get it to the court before 4pm today.

JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you