Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws

Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In glasgow scotland. I recorded a conversation between me and my manager without her consent. what are the legal repercussions?
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i recorded it as I was being bullied in the workplce and fealt threatened. I also had a few incidents where things were said in private and then denied later on so I felt it was for my own protection. My manager ha found the recording and I am having a meeting with her tomorow I am not sure if it has been filed or reported.
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am also being accused of fraud due to carrying out my personal activities during work time

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. It is not illegal for a probate individual to record a conversations with an employer even if the employer doesn’t know about it. Such a recording would not be admissible in criminal proceedings and it could be challenged in civil or employment tribunal proceedings but the judge in those types of proceedings would be allowed to admit it and such judges often take a pragmatic view of such evidence and do allow it. So you have done nothing wrong by taking the recording to protect yourself especially against the background of bullying and threats. As far as the fraud is concerned, fraud is a criminal offence and does not have anything to do with doing personal activities in the workplace although you will appreciate that this could be viewed as a breach of the employment contract and a disciplinary matter. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.