How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
ivorylounge, Advocate
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 33761
Experience:  Over 25 years experience
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

I have had alcohol problems in past and was 3 years sober

This answer was rated:

I have had alcohol problems in past and was 3 years sober until October last yesr. Fell off the wagon for about a week. Also this year once in March and again in July for 1-2 days. Both times I was in charge of my 10 yr old and 13 yr old. Since then I have been sober but my ex will not let my kids stay with me, and is wary of them being on their own with me. Despite the fact that I take Antabuse regularly monitored by my mother, I have a breathalyser that links to my iPhone and can send results direct to her phone, she will still not let them stay over. I don't want to go to court again, but is there a possibility that I can even sign a court order that prohibits me drinking alcohol when I have the kids. We are both Professional people, my professional organisation monitors blood tests every few months, which are always normal.

You can give a promise to the court (an undertaking) which promises that you would not drink whilst the children are in your care. This would be a promise not to your ex but to the court and you could be in contempt of court if you breached this order.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks. Good answer, although concise in detail. Ideally would want more detail in response

In the nicest sense there isn't a lot more I can say about an undertaking. It would however be sufficient hopefully to give them the assurance which they need. I hope that this helps and please can you rate positive.

ivorylounge and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you