How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12380
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My wife is in residential care,with no chance of return

This answer was rated:

My wife is in residential care,with no chance of return home.
As i have her Power of Attorneycan i legally sell up and move away
to be nearer her,without her consent.

Yes you can. The power of attorney is granted on the basis that you will do the best thing for your wife. Living nearer her undoubtedly serves that object.

JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thai you very much,I didn't think I could without her permission