How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12293
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I am going through the Private Rental Housing Panel awaiting

Customer Question

I am going through the Private Rental Housing Panel awaiting on a decision on an Repairing Standards Enforcement order. I have lawfully supplied notice to my tenant with the correct documentation as I wish to sell, this means they need to leave by the 31st January.They have been withholding rent for the last 3 months as they believe that there will be a Rent Reduction Order granted by the panel, however, it has been stated that these cannot be backdated and so this is not a good reason to withhold.We are unable to contact her as every time we try we get a letter from her solicitor telling us not to and we have to talk to him, when we try he wont talk to us as we are not a solicitor.We have sent a written demand for the rent and have heard nothing back, what are our next options to take this further?
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is for Scottish law, I selected scots law and then it changed it
Expert:  JGM replied 4 months ago.

I take it he panel hasn’t suspended the rent. That being the case you can raise a simple procedure action for payment of rent. You will be able to find the forms for this at I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.