How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12301
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I am the beneficiary of a deed of trust. I have a son who I

Customer Question

Hi,I am the beneficiary of a deed of trust.I have a son who I want to become the beneficiary, but I don't want to notify the trustee, is it possible for me to have the same deed of trust agreement where I am the Trustee to the proceeds of the the the current Trust and my son is the beneficiary?
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 months ago.

On other words you set up a new trust to give your son the money that you get from the trust in which you are a beneficiary. There is nothing to stop you doing that if that is what you want to do.