How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12297
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I owe my former partner money from the sale of my flat as

Customer Question

I owe my former partner money from the sale of my flat as there is a minute of agreement stating an amount of £53000. Can i simply go ahead and transfer this to her account? Should I gift this? Or is it simply a case of transferring the amount with a covering email from her to me saying she has received the amount? Are there any tax implications?
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. There are no tax implications. There is a contract. You should just transfer the money. That is a sufficient paper trail to prove she got the money. Happy to discuss. Please leave. Aposotove rating so that I am credired for my time.