31090051

I owe my former partner money from the sale of my flat as

Customer Question

I owe my former partner money from the sale of my flat as there is a minute of agreement stating an amount of £53000. Can i simply go ahead and transfer this to her account? Should I gift this? Or is it simply a case of transferring the amount with a covering email from her to me saying she has received the amount? Are there any tax implications?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. There are no tax implications. There is a contract. You should just transfer the money. That is a sufficient paper trail to prove she got the money. Happy to discuss. Please leave. Aposotove rating so that I am credired for my time.