How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12533
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have been divorced now for several years and have court

This answer was rated:

Hi there
I have been divorced now for several years and have court orders in place for contact with my 3 children which is all ok , we have a minute of agreement in place also , the reason I’m contacting yourself is that , when we agreed on the child maintenance, my ex wife was in the family home on her own with the 3 children the amount that I agreed on was slightly higher than what I would have to pay through the child support agency , now she has moved out the family home to a new bigger house with her now husband as she has now re married , can I now change the amount of child maintenance that I pay her due to her financial situation?

I am a solicitor in Scotland. Child maintenance is not assessed with reference to the financial circumstances of the parent with care, simply the number of children, the absent parent’s income and the overnight contact exercised by the absent parent. You can reduce the maintenance to the amount that the CSA would order but that is all. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you