I have been divorced now for several years and have court

Hi there
I have been divorced now for several years and have court orders in place for contact with my 3 children which is all ok , we have a minute of agreement in place also , the reason I’m contacting yourself is that , when we agreed on the child maintenance, my ex wife was in the family home on her own with the 3 children the amount that I agreed on was slightly higher than what I would have to pay through the child support agency , now she has moved out the family home to a new bigger house with her now husband as she has now re married , can I now change the amount of child maintenance that I pay her due to her financial situation?

I am a solicitor in Scotland. Child maintenance is not assessed with reference to the financial circumstances of the parent with care, simply the number of children, the absent parent’s income and the overnight contact exercised by the absent parent. You can reduce the maintenance to the amount that the CSA would order but that is all. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.