How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12533
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I am the only named parent on my child's birth certificate I

This answer was rated:

I am the only named parent on my child's birth certificate I would like my sister to have shared parental rights and responsibilities how do I do this? I live in Scotland.

I am a solicitor in Scotland. Thanks for your question. Is this in the event of your death?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, I would like her to have them now. Thanks

In that case your sister would have to make an application to the court for a parental rights order and the court would have to be satisfied that there is a reason for the order which is in the best interests of your child. The application is made under section 11 of the Children (Scotland) Act 1995. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you