31090051

I am the only named parent on my child's birth certificate I

I am the only named parent on my child's birth certificate I would like my sister to have shared parental rights and responsibilities how do I do this? I live in Scotland.

I am a solicitor in Scotland. Thanks for your question. Is this in the event of your death?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, I would like her to have them now. Thanks

In that case your sister would have to make an application to the court for a parental rights order and the court would have to be satisfied that there is a reason for the order which is in the best interests of your child. The application is made under section 11 of the Children (Scotland) Act 1995. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.