31090051

I was showing a friend of myne an auction site which a

Customer Question

I was showing a friend of myne an auction site which a colleague uses and I had just registered with, hoping to get a deal on some fishing equipment. He took my phone and was having a look, bought something as a joke and now I have a company expecting payment from me for something I did not purchase. I explained this to the company after I noticed an e-mail and invoice and they are threatening legal action if I don't pay. The auction site is johnpye.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 5 months ago.

I am a solicitor in Scotland. You didn’t order from them. It’s a bit like if someone steals your identity. There is no contract between you and the company. You can continue to reflect their claim. I hope that answers your question. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.