How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12533
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have tried several times to speak to someone from Ryanair

This answer was rated:

I have tried several times to speak to someone from Ryanair regards ***** ***** for my nephew and his wife who have disabilities I am his financial guardian. Their Ryanair flight was cancelled and they had to stay for 10 extra days for next scheduled flight to Prestwick.
This is 4 months ago. I have sent receipts letters etc I am at wits end what to do next any suggestions please ? Thank you.

Have you considered suing Ryanair?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No this would cost my nephew money and don’t feel this is the best way to deal with the situation and have even more expense that he cannot afford. I just want them to settle his extra expenses for their enforced stay in Mallorca.

In that case you have to follow the procedures. Telephoning won’t work.

If a passenger chooses to make a claim for expenses or compensation from Ryanair, they must contact the airline directly. This is covered in Article 15 of their terms and conditions found on their website. They should deal with your application within 4 to 6 weeks.

It is important to remember that Ryanair is not required to pay compensation if the cancellation was outside of their control.

The form for flight refunds can be found here: form for expense claims can be found here:

The form for disruption compensation can be found here:

Once Ryanair has finished dealing with a claim and if a person does do not agree with their decision, they can refer the matter to:

The Commission for Aviation Regulation. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have followed all their procedures months their last email they said they would pay him compensation but wanted a vat receipt for food they had at the hotel.....I don’t even know what that is or how to get it. I did all that you have suggested myself. I tried to phone but need to have an extension number I don’t have that so line goes blank. Several times I have been hung up on. So what next?

Have you escalated the claim to the Commission for Aviation Regulation as I mention above?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How do I esculate the claim to CAR do you have an address for this? Will I send all the information and letters I have in trying to deal with this. Thank you for helping in this matter as Grant financial guardian I have to peruse this for him.

Contact details are

The Commission for Aviation Regulation.

3rd Floor Alexandra House

Earlsfort Terrace


Telephone number +353-(0) 1-6611700


Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you I will phone them on Monday.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will let you know how it goes.

I hope that has been helpful. Don’t forget to leave a positive rating so that I am credited by JustAnswer for my time.

JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am afraid the information you gave me was of no help.....I wrote and posted a letter to Dublin and it appears I have to contact someone in Madrid now another authority. Very disappointed now and just costing me money at every turn.

That just isn’t correct. They are giving you wrong information.