How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12533
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have invested £25000 with Meridan Financial Group in a

This answer was rated:

I have invested £25000 with Meridan Financial Group in a Bond with Standard Charter. I transferred this money from my Santander Account, I was ask by the teller at the bank if I was sure I wanted to transfer this large sum of money. I proceeded with the transaction. Some days later I was contacted by the Santander fraud department and told I was the victim of a scam. I reported the matter to the Police.They issued me a case number ***** was 2 weeks ago. I contact the Sergeant in charge of the case last Friday. He said a constable had been assigned to he case but I have not received an update to date. Is there any way I could retrieve the money. Thanks Russell Middleton

What has Santander said about reversing the transfer?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They have not been able to reverse the transfer as it has been removed from the account I transferred the money to

In that case this is a police issue and unless they can trace the funds you won’t get them back unless Santander are in some way at fault.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was fully aware this was the case, I was wondering if there were any other avenues that could be explored?

What was the nature of the scam? I will pick this up with you tomorrow.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I found Meridan Financial Group on the web, they looked genuine so I approached them about making an investment. I settled for a fixed rate bond at 5.4% for two years with Standard Charter. I have reported the matter to the police and I am waiting on an update, I have also been contacted again by Meridan to make a further investment, I have also reported this to the police

You could consider suing them but u less you can identify assets, you may struggle to make a recovery. I have no miracle answer for you I’m afraid and you have done everything correctly so far.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for you timeRegards

Your welcome. Don’t forget to leave a positive rating so that JustAnswer credits me for my time.

JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you