31090051

I have started proceedings with a local solicitor to obtain

I have started proceedings with a local solicitor to obtain confirmation with Edingburgh high court but progress is 4 months on and seemed to have stalled as a french lawyer will not sign an affidavit and on reading it I am not surprised
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Lumphanan near Aberdeen , my wife died in 2010 while we both lived in France at the time we had a proper will drawn up in Scotland leaving every thing to each other and the surviving partner to be the executor. when I sold our house in France in 04/01/2016 I had to obtain written permission from our 2 children to sell and keep their one sixt share ( under french law). Now I want to sell an apartment in Spain bought jointly in 2006 /2007 and the spanish notary want confirmation
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: The solicitor handed me back her scottish will in 2010 saying there was no more to do as I was the executor and all her belongings were mine, he has since retired. My local solicitor registered her will in 2017 but the spanish notary still wants confirmation. I have also obtained an international french death certificate.
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.

I am a solicitor in Scotland. You have raised two issues, one about a French property which has already been sold. How does that affect your wife’s estate. The other concerning the Spanish property, what is intended to be done about that property and is the Spanish notary simply wanting to see a Scottish Confirmation property which includes the Spanish property.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I wish to sell my apartment in spain to do with the money as I wish. the tenerife notary wants confirmation of my wifes scottish will of 2004
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My mobile has poor reception in my house please call me on ***********