How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 13500
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My mother was Put in to care a year ago I was estranged from

This answer was rated:

My mother was Put in to care a year ago I was estranged from her for 5 years, my cousin has POA over her however I was contacted by family member to say that her care was not being adhered to, I have since stepped in to oversee her care. Can POA changed only on the welfare side of things
Thanking you
Sheena Mccowan

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. Is your mother capable of understanding? If yes the original original power of attorney can be revoked and a new one done appointing one person as financial and the other as welfare. If she isn’t capable of understanding then this can’t be done. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited fro my time.

JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you