31090051

My mother was Put in to care a year ago I was estranged from

My mother was Put in to care a year ago I was estranged from her for 5 years, my cousin has POA over her however I was contacted by family member to say that her care was not being adhered to, I have since stepped in to oversee her care. Can POA changed only on the welfare side of things
Thanking you
Sheena Mccowan

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. Is your mother capable of understanding? If yes the original original power of attorney can be revoked and a new one done appointing one person as financial and the other as welfare. If she isn’t capable of understanding then this can’t be done. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited fro my time.