31090051

I am a registered landlord in Scotland and my tenant has

I am a registered landlord in Scotland and my tenant has just sent me an email giving a months notice to quit. This is fine and I agree in principle but they haven't specified which day they expect to leave. I have sent then an email stating the date one month from the date of the email they sent me and asked for an agreement of this date from them but as yet have had no reply. How long should I wait for a response?, How should I calculate their last day to organise inspection, keys, etc
Andy

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. If they give a months notice then you accept that as being a month from the date of the email and you tell the tenant that is the day. The inspection should be carried out on the morning of departure, ideally you take a photographic record and you recover the keys. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.