31090051

My partner is legally separated in Scotland. He has

Hello, my partner is legally separated in Scotland. He has children. Divorce is taking long. He wants to buy a house for us. Will his wife and children have rights to the house?

Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. Any property purchased after a separation is not included in th definition of matrimonial property and his wife and children would have no right tothe house. He should of course make a will at the same time as the purchase to ensure that there are no inheritance rights in the event that he should die. I hope that helps. Happy to discuss further. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.