31090051

What right do I have to challenge my brother’s position as

Customer Question

What right do I have to challenge my brother’s position as my mother’s power of attorney? There is some evidence that I have seen and others have commented on , that my mother is without money at times. She has to wait for my brother to bring her money.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. Have you spoken to your mother about this. Assuming she is mentally capable she can revoke the power of attorney in favour of your brother an appoint someone else. I assume she would be capable of doing this if she is managing her own money. Happy to discuss further. In the meantime I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My mum is not managing her money
Expert:  JGM replied 3 months ago.

Is she mentally capable to revoke the power of attorney and make another?