31090051

Having separated from partner, I wrote a draft of access &

Customer Question

Having separated from partner, I wrote a draft of access & signed it. I wasn’t thinking clearly as I was emotionally drained & he’d locked me out house so I couldn’t get my things. He only agreed to let me in when the letter was passed to him. Is it legally binding?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 months ago.

I am a solicitor in Scotland. No it is not legally binding as it was signed under duress. A court won't allow anything like that and will always act in the best interests of a child whether there is an agreement, valid or not. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.