Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Mother has made a PPI claim on one of (deceased ) fathers

Customer Question

Mother has made a PPI claim on one of (deceased ) fathers accounts ......they have stated there is money there but they want to see the will which has been lost .....My mother was the executor on the will .
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 months ago.

Was Confirmation issued in your mother’s favour?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

They said there is money but want to see certificate

Expert:  JGM replied 4 months ago.

Was Confirmation issued in your mother’s favour was my question?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

They did not complete within the 8 week period , my mother phoned and was told that there is money but they won't release until they see the will which has been lost....we did send the death certificate which they previously asked for.....they stated we should speak to citizens advice or a solicitor if we do not have the will .

Expert:  JGM replied 4 months ago.

That’s not what I’m asking. Was Confirmation issued by the sheriff court in favour of your mother in respect of your father’s estate?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

There was a will and my mother was executor and wound up all my fathers interests ......it only recently came to light that she could claim on all of my fathers previous accounts .....8 accounts have been settled ....the last claim is asking to see a copy of the will which in the last 2 year has been lost ...i just want to know what we should now do ?