31090051

I was wondering if u could help me, I have been left a

Customer Question

I was wondering if u could help me , I have been left a hairdresser shop in a will , and now power of attorney is wanting 2 close business down , does she have the right 2 sell shop as it states in will it has been left 2 me when lady passes away
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have not had an answer yet
Expert:  JGM replied 1 month ago.

I am a solicitor in Scotland. Has the lady passed away yet?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
she is in hospital and they said the next 24 hours is critical
Expert:  JGM replied 1 month ago.

The attorney has the right to manage the lady’s affairs until she dies. It doesn’t matter if the will leaves the shop to you. Th attorney is free to sell it if that is in the best interests of the lady. However if the lady dies the power of attorney ends immediately and the executor of the will takes over and must comply with the terms of the will. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.