How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 13518
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Looking to buy a property to house a friend in Scotland. I

This answer was rated:

Hello. I am French and looking to buy a property to house a friend in Scotland. I would ultimately like this property to be in his name. Is that possible in the UK law?

Thank you for your question. I am a property solicitor in Scotland. A house in Scotland can be owned by any person over the age of 18. What concerns do you have specifically?

Can I help you further with this?
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you