31090051

I am a licence holder and asked my daughter to collect two

I am a licence holder and asked my daughter to collect two bottles of cider for my I was outside in the car she was 17 but not sales for these were made is this a breach of licensing
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Paisley
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just is the advise free or charged for

I am a solicitor in a Scotland. Was your daughter collecting the cider from your own shop?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It was from my place of work I am the manager

There is a contravention of section 109 of the 2005 Act which says:

“109 Sending a child or young person to obtain alcohol
(1) Any person who knowingly sends a child or young person to obtain alcohol sold or to be sold
on any relevant premises for consumption off the premises commits an offence.
(2) It is immaterial for the purposes of subsection (1) whether the child or young person is sent to
obtain the alcohol from the relevant premises where it is sold or from some other place from which
it is to be delivered.
(3) Subsection (1) does not apply where the child or young person works on the relevant premises
or at the place where the alcohol is to be delivered in a capacity (whether paid or unpaid) which
involves the delivery of alcohol.”
So unless your daughter worked on the premises there has been a breach of the Act. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited fro my time.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you she does also work part time there

Good: you can advance that as a defence then. I hope that answers your question. Please leave a positive rating so that JustAnswer credits me for my time.