How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 13493
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

How can I enforce Scottish divorce agreement? The ex has

This answer was rated:

How can I enforce Scottish divorce agreement? The ex has dual UK and Irish nationality, claims residency in France and probably is working in England.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When can I expect a response??? This was not an immigration question but how to enforce a divorce agreement.

I am a solicitor in Scotland. There are cross border and also international agreements between countries which means that a registered divorce agreement can be re registered in the courts having jurisdiction over the defaulting party. That means that once it is registered in that country it can be enforced by court officers, such as bailiffs in England for example. Your solicitor will need to communicate with solicitors in England for the procedure to be carried out. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you