31090051

I'm currently splitting with wife in Scotland. House was

Customer Question

Hi I'm currently splitting with wife in Scotland. House was purchased in her name before we met. I moved in with her and her daughter ( two bedroom flat) . We then had a child together and I had to pay £20000 to convert loft so we could remain staying in home. We then married and had another child. We have been married just under 7 years.i have paid all bills including mortgage during entire marriage. I have been informed that in not entitled to anything of the family home . Would that be correct?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 21 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. Yes, the home is not part of matrimonial property as it was bought before you met. Because of that you have no claim on the house.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
What about the money I invested in the property before marriage?
Expert:  JGM replied 21 days ago.

That was invested into the house and the house isn’t matrimonial property. You have no claim.