31090051

Im an executor of my late mothers will. Her partner is

Customer Question

Im an executor of my late mothers will. Her partner is selling the family home. The will i think as i don't have a copy says that the proceeds of any sale get split between the children . he believes its all his . what advice can you give me please. John
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. If you are the executor of the will and the house forms part of the estate then proceeds of sale passed in accordance with the will. However if the title was joint and to the survivor the partner now owns the house and is free to sell it for himself. The title to the house has to be checked carefully. Do you have a copy. Happy to help further if you can let me know. I will give you a private email address to send a copy of the title and ask can let you know.