31090051

We’ve had two months notice to quit our house.we have been

Customer Question

We’ve had two months notice to quit our house.we have been tenants for nearly 6years,our landlords solicitors said we had two months notice,please tell me if we can go to court and fight this,we may get a couple more months, we’ve been told the buyer wants to split the two bed into three bed, they want us out,but we cannot find anything I fell ill running looking at houses we never get,and I’m 80yrs and my daughter isn’t well, I’m so depressed sorry....thanking you .
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 11 days ago.

If the lease a short assured tenancy? Have you been given two months notice at the end of a term of the lease. In other words at the end of a 6 month or year period. If so you can go to court and defend the case but that will just delay the process. There is no defence to a termination of a short assured tenancy lease at its end date, known in Scotland as the ish date. You could delay things for two or three months but that is all. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited fro my time.