Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I asked for a quote for a treatment of body fat removal as

Customer Question

good afternoon,i asked for a quote for a treatment of body fat removal as advertised in the glasgow clinic. i was offered a price from £ 999 for £ 500 per treatment,3 treatments in total. alltogether £ 1.500. That appeared a big discount so i accepted. I was then told i had to pay in full in advance. i asked further questions but was lead to to the till where i paid via visa £ 400. i asked whether the treatment was suitable at all for me and was told after having look at my tummy just as i was standing there in my coat, yes. i was told to phone in with my credit card as soon as i got home. i called in with further questions but was interrupted and asked to give my credit card details. i gave them. she hung up without answering the questions saying she would take good care of me. good bye.
as i had not knowledge of the treatment which was sold to me as unique in the UK i googled this at home. well the treatment is offered on many UK websites and much cheaper. even the company Medica Skin itself offers the treatment cheaper online. all they did is offering me shorter treatment period for lower price that onine. so i have been conned and i sent a letter to cancel. the clinic did not reply so after 5 days i contacted my credit card provider who will take action to help my get the credit payment undone.
my question to you is what else can i do, is it better to go to a solicitor. what right has this company to withold my money. all they do is offering vouchers instead but i dont want anything to do with this cunning place.
thank you for replying.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

How long ago was this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i agreed to the contract on Friday 1st of June 2018
i cancelled Monday 4 June 2018 by 8 pm via email followed by a recorded letter but according to their Terms and Conditions of which they had not made me aware i had only 24 hours. i
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no sorry please reply i writing.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
are you a scottish solicitor please. this case happened in Glasgow
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hello?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
what is happening, Ben?

As you are based in Scotland I will opt out and move your question to our Scots law category

Expert:  JGM replied 4 months ago.

I am a solicitor in Scotland. Can I see the terms and conditions please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Certainly. please see attached document. T & C were not pointed out to me before or after buying.