How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 13339
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

How do i find out information about a person that is in

Customer Question

How do i find out information about a person that is in prison? Anonymously? They have been sent to prison for 3 years but have been in and out of court since December. How do I find out anything?
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We've known someone for a few years who was sent to jail last December. Not a very nice person & we are trying to find out more information about his case & why he has been going to court on a regular basis over the last few months. He was convicted for 3 years. How do we find out about his case in more depth & what his other appearances in court have been for? We've looked on line & seen the original conviction etc
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 6 months ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Nicola, depends how long it takes to find a Professional? Please give me some time guidelines?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 6 months ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you. Unfortunately JustAnswer cannot guarantee a time, however most questions are answered in a timely manner. Response times can be affected by the number of Experts online, the difficulty level of questions, question price, or other factors.
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  JGM replied 6 months ago.

I am a solicitor in Scotland. Information isn’t easily available on this kind of thing unless it was reported at the time. You could ask your police station to let you talk to the reporting officer or write to the procurator fiscal. They aren’t bound to reply but may do so if they think there is a purpose to your request like community safety. You can get details of the conviction from the clerk of court but you say you have that already. Happy to discuss further if you have more background and your specific interest in this. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.