31090051

How do i find out information about a person that is in

Customer Question

How do i find out information about a person that is in prison? Anonymously? They have been sent to prison for 3 years but have been in and out of court since December. How do I find out anything?
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
We've known someone for a few years who was sent to jail last December. Not a very nice person & we are trying to find out more information about his case & why he has been going to court on a regular basis over the last few months. He was convicted for 3 years. How do we find out about his case in more depth & what his other appearances in court have been for? We've looked on line & seen the original conviction etc
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 14 days ago.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi Nicola, depends how long it takes to find a Professional? Please give me some time guidelines?
Chris
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 12 days ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you. Unfortunately JustAnswer cannot guarantee a time, however most questions are answered in a timely manner. Response times can be affected by the number of Experts online, the difficulty level of questions, question price, or other factors.
Expert:  JGM replied 8 days ago.

I am a solicitor in Scotland. Information isn’t easily available on this kind of thing unless it was reported at the time. You could ask your police station to let you talk to the reporting officer or write to the procurator fiscal. They aren’t bound to reply but may do so if they think there is a purpose to your request like community safety. You can get details of the conviction from the clerk of court but you say you have that already. Happy to discuss further if you have more background and your specific interest in this. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.