31090051

I am doing my svq level 2 and I am led to believe I need to

Customer Question

I am doing my svq level 2 and I am led to believe I need to stay with the company for 18 months after is this true ? Or I will need to pay them ?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. It is quite quite common for a company which is paying for a course for a staff member to ask for return of the cost or part of it if the employee leaves. However this condition must be specific and in writing accepted by both parties. The contract has to say how much has to be repaid and within what period you would be liable to repay if you decide to leave. If it is not clearly expressed in writing then there is no obligation on you to repay. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.