31090051

Not sure how this works Assistant: Where is this? It matters

Customer Question

Hi,not sure how this works
Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Scotland
Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: This is a romance scam
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How much will this cost
Assistant: The Expert's answer will cost £5 fully-refundable payment for a trial membership. It's way less expensive than face-to-face would cost. And you're covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Customer: Ok
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I lost everything (£40 000) . To a romance scam on match .com. i have accidentally discovered that the person was removed by the site on 25th March. I joined on 27th and he connected with me. Do I have a case against match.com
Expert:  JGM replied 4 months ago.
Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. What happened?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What else do yo need to know? I was victim of a scam and lost a lot of money to someone I met by joining a dating site. I thought this was safe way. They advertise this safety on their site. This was Older Dating Online which is Match.com. A recent conversation about a payment they shouldn't have taken revealed that the man who sent me a message and I spoke with via their site on 27th March, had been removed by their Moderation Team on 25th March at 6.28 pm. My point is that they did not act appropriately to protect their members and as a result i becaMe a victim. This is with action fraud and I have a crime reference.
Expert:  JGM replied 4 months ago.

If they acted negligently by not removing the member quickly enough you would have a potential claim. You have to establish that your loss was as a direct result of their negligence.